Chinese fried rice
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:40-50 minutes
INGREDIENTS: serves 2-3 people
- easy cook basmati rice 3 cups
- peas frozen 1 cup
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 2-3 eggs
- a teaspoon of curry powder
- king prawns 🍤 optional about 10-15pieces
- a teaspoon of cameroon pepper
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- salt to taste
- soy sauce 20ml
- stock of choice 30mls
- Place the 3 cups of easy cook rice and 9 cups of water into a saucepan and parboil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and pour the content of the saucepan into a sieve.
- Wash the rice and drain. Pour the rice back into the saucepan
- Add the curry powder and the cameroon pepper then add salt to taste.
- Add 1.5cups of water to the pot
- Cover the saucepan and leave to boil until rice is cooked, should be about 10-12 minutes
- To check if the rice is cooked, use a spoon to remove a few grains of rice and press between 2 fingers to check it is soft. If still hard, add some more water until it is cooked to your preference
- Place a wok on the burner preferably one with a cover, add olive oil, once sizzling add spring onions and fry until lightly brown
- Add the eggs, fry it lightly
- Add the cooked rice and fry on until brown please do not burn, add in the soy sauce
- Keep stirring, add in the king prawns this is optional
- Add in the chicken/beef or vegetable stock
- Cover the wok, steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- You can eat by itself or with a side of salad or with fish, chicken or beef.
Please look out for more recipes on here. Check out #luliucusine